Have some nuggets on this. It sounds as if the Bayhawks are looking for a big but it’s hard to put a finger on any possible targets. Here’s a list of candidates at all positions.
- Chris Daniels (he worked out for the Heat, Timberwolves and Pacers prior to the lockout)
- Villanova’s Curtis Sumpter
- Former Louisiana-Lafayette standout Tyren Johnson
- Former Siena standout Edwin Ubiles
- South Florida rookie Jarrid Famous
- Dayton rookie Chris Wright
- Illinois big man Mike Davis
- Virginia guard Mustapha Farrakhan
- U-Mass guard Anthony Gurley
- Brady Morningstar, formerly of the Kansas Jayhawks
- Montana guard Anthony Johnson (He was pretty good in this game)
- Mac Koshwal, former DePaul big man/teammate of Mike Gansey in Spain
Another name to keep an eye out for is former Pitt big man Chris Taft, who rumor has it, is in the best shape of his life following career threatening muscle injuries. This is the last chance for the former Brooklyn standout as he has been out of the league for several years, but is really trying to make a comeback at the age of 26. He could be a cheap option for the Knicks in the paint, an area that the team is sure to address when basketball actual happens again.
You may remember a Yahoo report that suggested Taft was a target for Isiah Thomas a few years back until his scouts, namely Brendan Suhr, urged the then-Knicks president to draft David Lee.
I’m excited by the notion of the Knicks having a development system and will keep my ears open as to who they select with the 7th and 9th picks.